Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Drive to Chichester, England

We just realized that Brooke is away at camp this week at the same time I'm on vacation so she can't guest blog - since I didn't plan ahead and leave any fun things to show you I'll just try to do travel log again :).

For the next few days we will be in Chichester, England for the Goodwood Festival of Speed - Google to see what it's all about if you're interested, I've never been but it's a 4 day racing event at Lord March's estate (apparently it's a huge estate and our driver Danny said they'll have a million visitors over the 4 days - wow!). Some new friends invited us and we couldn't pass up the opportunity to experience this! We arrived at Gatwick Airport, south of London by about an hour I think, on the red eye - man I hate taking a red eye. No sleep!! (especially with a baby by us that literally cried from take off to landing - I felt bad for the mom but felt even worse for me trying to sleep haha!!) Then we drove over an hour to where we are staying. I don't have pics of the house yet (we just got here but will show you later, it's beautiful). What I do have to show you is this picture of us driving thru one of the little villages on the way to Chichester - they drive on the opposite side of the street you know, and have tons of round-a-bouts, the buildings are super close to the road, chaotic and crazy. I took this pic to give you an idea, our driver is on the ride side of our car, and traffic is coming at us on the right side - really, I just tried not to look! More later...



No comments:

Post a Comment