Sunday, June 19, 2016

Gnocchi with Tomatoes and Peas

Made this for dinner and it was so good I thought I'd share, if you're looking for quick dinner ideas this is a keeper. We don't eat gnocchi very often, I kind of forget about making it - but when I do we love it so much you'd think I would put it in the rotation more often but then I forget again!

Bring a big pan of water to a boil, carefully add 1 package of gnocchi and gently boil until they float - it doesn't take very long. Drain. Heat a tablespoon or so of butter (and/or olive oil) in a saucepan, add halved sugar snap peas and cook for a couple of minutes, add the gnocchi. Season with coarse salt and pepper, saute for another couple of minutes until the peas are done to your liking (I don't like them too well done) and the gnocchi are well coated, then stir in halved cherry tomatoes and top with parmesan. We had this as a side dish with marinated pork tenderloin that Dave grilled - such a delicious, simple, easy dinner.




this is one package of gnocchi, gently
boiled until they float to the top 
plain gnocchi are a little bland, like pasta before you
add anything. If I'm not making a sauce and serving them this way,
 I season well with coarse salt and pepper while cooking in a
little butter or olive oil. 
chop up a handful of sugar snap peas and cherry
tomatoes - of course you can experiment with
other vegetables too!

No comments:

Post a Comment