Thursday, June 28, 2018

Painted Mason Jar with Paper Pinwheels

I have no luck painting on mason jars - remember the cool flag jars I made for my sis a couple years ago that were such a nightmare for me to paint? Click here to revisit that post - they are really cute and she displays them all the time so that's nice, at least my suffering wasn't for nothin' hahaha! Anyway...I saw on Pinterest someone painted a jar with chalk white paint and I thought I'd give it another try - bought chalk paint that specifically says for painting on glass, I thought maybe the prob in the past was the craft paint I used - but nope, this was just as bad.

I painted one coat and let it thoroughly dry overnight, then when I added a second coat the base coat peeled off in spots. Ugh. I was going to skip this all together and not even show you, but hey, it's what I made so there it is - Pinterest fail. I am using it to display the paper pinwheels from yesterday's post, and with the addition of ribbon and tulle I'm hoping the bad paint job is disguised!

second coat
I even tried adding another coat - hard to see in this picture but it still peeled the under layers off!

One year ago: red, white, and blue berry trifle...SO good!

No comments:

Post a Comment