Saturday, June 23, 2018

Houseplants

This is very not exciting but thought I'd share what I'm working on today...houseplants. Sometimes you don't get to make fun things that you'd rather work on, and have to do a little maintenance instead hahaha! Boring, but necessary. About once a year I realize that my indoor plants have either outgrown their pots, need some general TLC, or have shot up so high they look like they are making a break for it and trying to burst thru the ceiling (or maybe more like the plant in Little Shop of Horrors that eats people - what's it's name, Seymour? Sydney? Can't remember, I should probably google but I'm busy potting plants and I'm not taking the time since it totally doesn't matter). 

I'm trimming some back (and if it's a nice plant I put a couple of the longer pieces in water and root it - just let the stem hang out in water until roots start forming and then plunk it in some dirt, voilà another plant) and if they are shooting off sideways I take twine and a stick (put it in the pot and use as an anchor/support) and tie the side branches up so it's more compact; some just need a bigger pot, and I have a couple that I should throw out but I'm putting them in our screened porch to see if a little summer vacation help them - if they still look bad in a couple months and aren't trying hard enough to earn their way back into the house then out they go. Fair warning ;)


A side project that always arises when I'm working on plants is re-arranging the furniture to find better places for the plants! I'm having a hard time focusing on the repotting because I just had the idea to set a table up by the front door and put this vase with 2 fresh cuttings on it, but I need more shizzle on the table to make it look better. Gotta go - things to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment