Saturday, June 5, 2021

Wedge Salad Dip

Here'a another recipe my sis gave me  in hopes that I'd make it for her - yes, she is perfectly capable of making this herself but for some reason she'd rather I just do it and bring it to her ... sigh...sisters ;)

When she said it's 'wedge salad dip' I literally was like 'salad dip? what the...' but really, it's a great idea and is really good - if you like wedge salad (you know - usually a wedge of iceberg topped with chopped tomatoes, bacon, sometimes onions, and bleu cheese. click here and here for recipes for the salad, not the dip) I bet you'll love this! If you aren't a bleu cheese fan I think it'd be just as good with a different kind of cheese - I'm thinking crumbled feta but try whatever you like! 

I questioned putting lettuce on top of a cream cheese mixture topped with tomatoes - doesn't it seem like the lettuce would get gross? Nope, it held up just fine! I served it with tortilla chips and corn chip scoops. 

  • 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
  • 1 c. sour cream
  • 1 1 oz. package dry Ranch Dressing Mix
  • 1 ½ c. chopped romaine lettuce
  • ½ c. chopped tomatoes
  • ½ c. chopped cooked bacon
  • 2-4 oz. crumbled blue cheese (more or less to taste)
  • 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives

  1. Combine cream cheese, sour cream, and Ranch Dressing Mix and mix until smooth.
  2. Spread into the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate or other similarly sized pan.
  3. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, blue cheese, and chives.

    6.5.16: greek salad

No comments:

Post a Comment