Sunday, December 19, 2021

🔥 Around the Campfire (week 51)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a recap of what happened at camp last week in case you missed anything:

Posts ~

12/12: 🔥 week 50

12/13: nantucket cranberry pie

12/14: snowman poop

12/15: hambone soup

12/16: melting snowman cupcakes 

12/17: grilled shrimp tacos

12/18: cherry pecan chews

What's Cooking ~

  • tuna noodle casserole, green salad
  • shake and bake pork chops, gnocchi with tomatoes, roasted broccoli
  • grilled shrimp tacos, mexican rice
  • baked salmon, parmesan couscous, roasted asparagus
  • macaroni and cheese, roasted green beans
  • grilled chicken breast, breaded and baked eggplant, caesar salad
Check out this funny coincidence - last week I posted this cute picture: 

And then my sister gave me this towel, and says she ordered it a while ago for me and swears she didn't see me put the hamster picture on the blog! Weird, right? We obviously have the same sense of humor! 


Hope everyone had a great week - we went from 60' and sunny, to 30' and snow in the space of 2 days. Just in time for Christmas if it sticks! Last weekend we lost power for 3 days so I had some blog work to catch up on - I posted last Sunday's recap a few days late if you want to go check it out. 

I read a great book recommended by both Mark and LeDonna - 'A Superior Death' by Nevada Barr. It's one in a series of books about Anna Pigeon, park ranger. In this one she's stationed in the UP, it's full of twists, interesting characters, suspenseful moments, and loved her descriptions of life, conditions, land and water up north. And I learned some things about Lake Superior I didn't know, including how many shipwrecks are there, how deep the water is, what it's like to dive in the extreme cold, and it's so cold there are still bodies in some of the wrecks that have been preserved  by the temperature. So interesting, it's a great read.  ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Bye!

Sincerely ~

Jill
camp counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment