Thursday, September 24, 2015

Crocheted Bracelets

These bracelets are pretty simple to make, I don't have the pattern to share but if you can do a single crochet you can make them no problem! 


String some beads (approx 50) onto thin cotton yarn (make sure the holes in your beads are big enough to thread onto your yarn. I tried using embroidery floss but there isn't enough in a skein to complete the bracelet and with the beads strung on before you start it would be hard to add on). Chain 7 with a very small hook; turn, skip first chain, sc in remaining 6 chains, chain 1, turn. SC across 6 chains, chain 1, turn, repeat until you have an area big enough for your button closure. Then pull up a bead to your hook and crochet it into your sc's, I alternate 2 and 3 beads per bead row so they look a little more random. After you do one row with beads and turn, just do sc's across the next row (the "back side"), turn and do another bead row. Repeat alternating a bead row with 6 sc no bead row until it's as long as you want (mine are approx 7"). Last row I chained 5 (or as many as it takes to fit the button for a closure, slip stitch into last stitch and finish off. Sew button on the area with . Weave ends in. Done. Doesn't take long at all and I think they are a nice easy project - I'd wear them alone or pile 'em on my wrist. Note: you could make this as narrow or wide as you want, just add more or less chain/sc's and beads.

I wouldn't wear these 3 together normally, just showing you how they all look on!



1 comment: