Thursday, September 17, 2015

Craft Room Organizing

Spent a little time cleaning up and organizing my craft room, thought I'd share some pictures - did you believe me when I said I have tried every craft out there haha?  We made this room using dead space above our garage - it was a mostly unfinished attic space and we put up some drywall, stuck down some linoleum tiles, put in 2 closets, hung up some pegboard. Voilà, my own craft space!

The beauty is that I can just shut the door when I'm done for the day and no one has to look at my mess. Downside is that it doesn't have much insulation since I'm basically directly under the roof, so we installed a small a/c for when it's tooooo hot up there (when it's too cold I just put on more clothes and some fingerless gloves!).

Not shown is another table we have in this space that my niece uses when she comes to craft with me (and she does often, yay!) - she has it organized how she wants which I think is so cute.  It's helpful for me to have a couple different tables I can work on since I usually have more than one project going at a time, and I like things organized in a way that if I can't put it in a box and label it then at least I can see everything - out of sight is definitely out of mind in my craft room, I have too much stuff to remember what I have.

1 comment: