Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Finish What You Start

I'm trying really hard to live by my new "motto" - to finish what I start. It's harder than it seems! I'm a pretty organized neat person generally, but trust me - if I let things go I can leave a tornado in my wake and not even realize it. And then I'm so overwhelmed by all the stuff I've left out in every room, and the laundry still in the dryer, and the dishes not done, I panic and don't know where to start so I procrastinate and go distract myself by reading book or leaving the house hahaha!! So I have to tell myself repeatedly "finish what you start. finish what you start" before I leave the room. Even simple things like putting something away before leaving a room helps me - it might seem like a little thing to use the scissors and not put them immediately back in the drawer but if you do this a few times in every room there will all of the sudden be stuff everywhere and then it becomes more work to take care of everything. Does this happen to you? Maybe my new motto can help :)


















Example of what happens when I don't pick up my craft areas when I'm making things - I end up working on top of other projects, or pushing stuff to the side to free up space. Both of these tables have numerous projects going mixed in around and on top of each other! Ugh - it's not a good environment for my creativity when this happens!!

I've also learned it's important for me to clean up as I go, especially in the kitchen. When I'm baking I keep a big bowl of hot soapy water in the sink and dump all the measuring cups and utensils, etc. in the bowl as I use them - and wipe stuff up as soon as possible, that saves me time not having to chisel hardened stuff off the counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment