Sunday, September 25, 2016

Grilled Chicken with Veggies and White Bean Bake

I know, I know... we eat a lot of baked veggie and bean combos! Here's another one that sort of just happened - I didn't have a plan, just started putting things in the baking dish and it turned out so good I figured I might as well share in case you're looking for an easy fairly healthy summer meal.

not the prettiest picture, but I didn't know how good
it was going to be until after I plated and tasted it! 

The grilled chicken was super simple - put boneless chicken breasts in a large baggie and drizzle with olive oil. Add in a bunch of italian seasoning (I have a grinder of this that I'm obsessed with and put on everything!) and a heavy sprinkle of poultry seasoning, seal the bag and smush it all around so the oil and seasoning has coated the chicken evenly. Grill until done.

In a 13x9 baking dish put a couple thickly sliced zucchini, 8 oz sliced mushrooms, a big handful of halved cherry tomatoes, and a can of rinsed and well drained white beans (I used Great Northern). Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with coarse salt, stir all together to combine and bake at 400' for about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and add a splash (maybe 1/3 cup) of reduced fat alfredo sauce, stir again and put back in the oven for a few minutes until the sauce is hot. Sprinkle with grated parmesan.

Easy and really good -  Dave and I both went back for seconds and there were (unfortunately) no leftovers. That's a good sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment