Thursday, May 12, 2022

Wonton Ravioli

If recipes can be 'fun', this one is - making ravioli using wonton wrappers, different right?  I didn't follow this recipe exactly but used the steps as inspiration - I'm sharing the recipe as written, will tell you my changes after the recipe. 

  • 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided (that means you don't use it all at once)
  • 1/4 cup fresh basil
  • 1/2 t. grated lemon peel
  • 3/8 t. pepper 
  • 1/4 t. salt, divided
  • 16 square wonton wrappers
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 4 t. olive oil, divided
  • 3 garlic cloves, sliced
  • 10 oz. baby spinach (about 8 cups)
  • 2 t. fresh lemon juice
1. Combine ricotta, 3 T. parmesan, 2 T. basil, lemon peel, 1/8 t. pepper, 1/8 t. salt in a bowl. Arrange 8 wonton wrappers on a work surface (cover remaining wrapper to prevent drying out). Moisten edge of wrappers with egg. Place 1 T. ricotta mixture in center of each wonton wrapper. Fold each wrapper in half, pressing well to seal edge. Cover with a damp towel to prevent drying. Repeat procedure with remaining wonton wrappers, remaining egg, and remaining ricotta mixture. 

2. Bring a large saucepan filled with water to a boil. Carefully add ravioli to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove ravioli with a slotted spoon. 

3. Heat 2 t. oil in a large skillet over medium; add garlic and saute 2 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/8 t. salt and spinach until wilted. Stir in juice. Divide spinach mixture amount 4 plates; top evenly with ravioli, remaining 1 T. parmesan, remaining 2 T. basil, remaining 1/4 t. pepper and remaining 2 t. oil. 










click here for original post and source

Notes: 
  • I used 2 wrappers to make my ravioli instead of folding in half - I did this mostly because of how many wrappers come in a package, I figured I'd use them up quicker by sandwiching the filling between 2 wrappers (you'll still have tons left over unless you can find a smaller package). 
  • I didn't measure 1/8 t. of pepper and salt or most of the ingredients, just wing the seasoning to taste. Oh, and I didn't use fresh basil, substituted dried basil. 
  • I didn't do the garlic and spinach step, instead I put the ravioli back in the saucepan and gently tossed with basil pesto to finish. 


No comments:

Post a Comment