Tuesday, May 12, 2020

My Sis is Hungry: Pasties

I posted about making pasties yesterday, along with the recipe. Here's a follow up post with my sis's review:



WOW. These look AMAZING. We have had Pastie’s from the UP before and to be honest these look even better than those. Those were brought back by the husband in his hot car in a paper bag but still - these were impressive.
First of all the crust was fantastic.  The presentation was fantastic.  The slits in the top, the pepper and whatever on it. Looks fantastic. Then you get to the contents inside and also amazing. The flavor was great.  The husband would have liked some kind of “gravy” inside so it wasn’t so dry.  Apparently he isn’t understanding the point of a hand held sandwich.  He’s going to have that drip gravy?  Okey dokey.  Seems messy but who am I to judge.  So even while he was inhaling it though and repeating how great it was he kept saying things like “no really, don’t you think this would be great with gravy inside?”.  Anyway.  Loved it. If he really needs gravy he could dip it in some next time.

This was amazing.  Clearly beyond my skill set to make but I will happily test these for her again!


Jill here ~ I'm pretty sure if I put gravy inside a pastie I'd have a 'walking pot pie' hahahah (like a take on 'walking taco'). Hmmm, maybe he's on to something, I might need to see if that works. Of course you couldn't eat it cold or hold it in your hand, but I'm thinking if a pizza can be basically folded in half to make a calzone maybe a potpie can be stuffed inside a crust?

PS: and yes to all you pastie lovers who are yelling "you serve them with gravy or ketchup!!", I did tell them that! Now simmer down and stop rolling your eyes LOL 😂


5.12.19: 🔥
5.12.18: Amsterdam tulips
5.12.17: summer vegetable bake
5.12.16: makeup remover wipes tip

No comments:

Post a Comment