Saturday, May 23, 2020

Tomato Cage Hack

Well you know you're in Michigan in the spring when in the same week you have to worry about frost and then it feels like 90 and humid! For real, I cleaned the house this morning (that's when I become "Cinder-Jill-a" LOL) and have sweat dripping off my face 🤦‍♀️. Anyway, it's definitely warm enough to plant my garden so I've been busy pulling out all my fun garden stuff; I have a few tomato cages that I'm not going to use this time around and I remembered a hack I recently read and am going to give a try. Thought I'd share in case you are also playing in your garden/yard:

Turn conventional round tomato cages upside down. Pull the three or four legs together and hold them in place with a small, overturned clay pot. Use the cages for dahlias, clematis, morning glories, black-eyed susan vines, and mandevillas, not to mention tomatoes.

I don't have a photo but I'm sure you know what a traditional tomato cage looks like, right? Have fun planting!

No comments:

Post a Comment