Thursday, May 28, 2020

TBT: Pigs in a Blanket

This might not be an actual throw back recipe because when do pigs in a blanket ever really go out of fashion? It didn't come from my new/old cookbook tho, it's from my sissy - she made them for dinner one night and made me some extras that I ate for breakfast. Normally I make mini pigs in a blanket for party appetizers, and I can't even tell you how fast they get devoured! The full sized ones have cheese in them, I don't do that with mini's (for the little guys I use cocktail sausage and cut the crescent roll in about 7 pieces per roll), otherwise these are the same big or little. Mmmmmm. I love these  :)

-
Jen made them using low calorie turkey dogs and light crescent rolls, you can certainly use the dog and dough of your choice. Slice the hotdog lengthwise about 1/2" from each end and about 3/4ths of the way thru, don't cut all the way or the cheese will ooze out the bottom (she says 'don't ask me how I know') Cut the cheese in narrow strips (thinner than the first picture below) to stuff into the hot dogs. Wrap a crescent around each cheese-stuffed hot dog leaving the ends free, place on a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown. 





disclaimer * we both forgot to take a photo of the baked hot dogs after they came out of the oven and found this one online somewhere! But this photo looks exactly like hers look, promise!

Here's what the little ones look like, except I don't have a picture of the finished product for these either 🤦‍♀️ hahahah:


No comments:

Post a Comment