Sunday, May 17, 2020

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 20)

Dear Campers ~

A quick recap of what happened at camp last week in case you missed anything:

Posts ~
5/10: ðŸ”¥week 19
5/11: pasties
5/12: My sis is hungry: pasty review
5/13: churros
5/14: barre workout
5/15: baked chimichangas
5/16: Jane's baked beans

What's Cooking ~
  • meaty minestrone (recipe soon!), grilled cheese
  • grilled chicken sausage, beans baked in spaghetti sauce with feta, roasted green beans
  • baked panko crusted scallops, couscous, kale salad
  • pesto marinaded grilled chicken, spinach ravioli
  • grilled marinated pork tenderloin, peas with pine nuts
  • steak, roasted potatoes, caesar salad
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~
  • made a couple more masks, still haven't put all the supplies away in case I need to make more
  • read 'coconut layer cake' by Joanne Fluke. She writes a series of light murder mysteries solved by a baker, and includes recipes which is fun. Plot line of this one was pretty ho-hum ⭐️⭐️ but I got what appears to be a couple good recipes out of it so not a complete waste of time
  • I probably should own up to this, but after finishing the True Blood vampire series last week that I've whined about for a while now but continued to read - I started reading them again! Because by the time I got to the end of the series I couldn't remember a bunch of things that I know want to know! I didn't pay enough attention first time thru because I just thought they were so stupid LOL but now that I've invested so much time I want to remember some of the beginning story lines. I know, I know, ridiculous right?!
  • planted more pea and bean seeds, and against my good judgement went ahead and planted some tomato plants I found - rule of thumb is to wait until Memorial Day but I checked the Farmers Almanac and it appears I'm safe. I will cover them for the next few nights to help harden them off and get them used to the weather.
Hope you had a great week - staying productive, keeping a schedule, creating while you're waiting (or maybe you're in one of the lucky states that has opened back up? In which case I hope you're out there living the dream hahah). See you next week for more fun projects, recipes, and whatever else I can think of to make.

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and true blood hypocrite 😂

PS: I really wanted to walk 5.17 miles today (May 17) and we live in a 517 area code. But it's raining and chilly,  I'm seriously procrastinating and pretty sure it's not gonna happen this year!

5.17.19: pet emergency care
5.17.18: make a party planner
5.17.17: pallet garden
5.17.16: change a duvet cover


No comments:

Post a Comment