Monday, May 4, 2020

Miss Lori's Gossamer Tree

Remember the gorgeous wreath that Miss Lori made based on the baggie wreath I shared? She just sent me this latest project using more of the same material and look how pretty it is! I love it plain without decorations except for the topper. So creative - I bet her mom loves it. What she did in her words:


For the tree I used a 7” wood base, drilled a hole in the center, put in the 18” dowel and spray painted white.

I did all the gossamer pieces 3” wide except for the very top rows I went to 2” wide.  I started with 17” long and did 18 pieces, then decreased the length by 2” and did 18 more, etc.  I continued with that until the top rows where I decreased by just one inch in length.

After they were all tied on I did a good bit of ‘fine tuning’ trimming until they all flowed nicely.

To be sure the pieces don’t slide down over time I put a little bit of hot glue on the dowel under the last row.

Finished off with hot glueing the little bird on top!



click here to read about how she made the wreath. 


5.4.19: college survival kit
5.4.18: 40 minute workout by Mickey
5.4.16: raspberry and cream filled cake

No comments:

Post a Comment