Monday, November 26, 2018

Miss Lori's Gossamer Christmas Wreath


I got this email from Miss Lori about a wreath she made inspired from the plastic baggie wreath (click here for that post, she also made a Halloween baggie wreath that turned out great and cost all of $3), this turned out so pretty and I love that she she changed from baggies to this beautiful aqua gossamer fabric. Isn't this sooooo pretty? I love that she was inspired by the baggie wreath I posted (and I was inspired by Michelle's baggie wreath) and now I'm inspired to make her gossamer wreath! The inspiration/creative circle never ends!! Thanks for sharing this Miss Lori!

Here's the project in her words:
My Mom is doing an aqua Christmas decor this year so I used the plastic bag idea and cut up squares of gossamer (that I had already), tied them on like the baggies and embellished with $7.00 worth of goodies!  I’m going to take to her tomorrow!

The gossamer I used comes in a roll that is 19” wide (I attached a pic) and I used about 9 yards.  You can get about 15 baggie size pieces out of a yard.

I like the softer look of gossamer as opposed to tulle and it comes in great colors!  I happen to have this roll because I was going to use it for party decor and then ended up going with a different plan.  I got it online from Shindigz and it is a BIG roll but I bet you can get it other places in smaller quantities.

I also like that the gossamer has a “stick to it” quality - everything on the wreath is just, “stuck” on, nothing is glued, so we can change it if my Mom wants to - maybe for Easter?!


No comments:

Post a Comment