Thursday, November 15, 2018

Pinecone Birds

Don't be sick of my pinecone projects yet please - I was on a roll and they are so much fun to make I couldn't stop hahaha. Today it's these little birds...quite truthfully I'm not loving the red one, his feathers are great but I don't know - the red head is not my favorite. I love the whole brown one tho, he's a sweet little bird that makes me happy to look at :) You can obviously make your any color combination you want!

I saw quite a few different examples of pinecone birds online that inspired me to come up with this version. All you need is a small wood ball (they come in a package at the craft store, there are different sizes to choose from - match up the size you need based on how it looks with your pinecones), glue a couple black beads on for eyes and a small black cardstock triangle for the beak. Glue the head to the pinecone - you might need to snip out a bit of the pinecone so the ball has a solid place to rest against - you can glue the head to the top of the pinecone, or to the underside, I did one of each and they both look good. Aren't these cute?!


For the legs - cut a length of lightweight wire, shape 3 toes in the center of wire, bring the two ends up and twist together creating the legs (see the pictures, that should help explain what I'm trying to say). Stick them into the pinecone and hot glue in place.




 I attached some craft feathers for the bird tail - stick them in the pinecone and then glue in place.




No comments:

Post a Comment