Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Pinecone Owls

Following up on yesterday's pinecone turkeys with these cute owls (just wait, tomorrow is a different bird - plus I have a couple other pinecone crafts coming up...perhaps I went a little crazy with gathering pinecones and had to keep finding projects to use them?!)


These are just as easy as the turkeys, and came from the same site (click here for the original source) - once again I looked at a picture and then just cut out some pieces of felt to make these cuties.


I made my owls stand up by attaching a piece of cardboard to the underside and then wrapped some fluffy scrap yarn around the base, it reminds me of a nest. You could attach a string or cord to the top and make them into hanging ornaments, that'd be really cute...or decorate packages with them...whatever. Once again, good kid craft and very easy to make. Cut out larger pieces to glue on the sides for wings, the little dots are felt that I punched out with a standard handheld hole punch and glued on. You can't see the feet very good because of the yarn I wrapped around the base, but it's 2 small pieces of brown pipe cleaners twisted together and inserted in the bottom of the pinecone. The white part of the eyes are large sequins and the black circle is a piece of cardstock I punched out with my hole punch - it's hard to cut a small circle using scissors!



No comments:

Post a Comment