Sunday, November 4, 2018

Around The Campfire (week 44)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap of what happened at "camp" this week!

Posts you might have missed ~

10/28: around the campfire (week 43)
10/29: bloodshot eyeball cheese appetizer 
10/30: mummy calzone
10/31: hulless pumpkin seeds by Jenny
11/1: pumpkin snowman by Jenny
11/2: pineapple upside-down cupcakes
11/3: candied bacon

What's Cooking ~
  • bbq baby back ribs (oven), sweet kale salad (kit - I'm obsessed with this salad!)
  • grilled chicken, roasted baby potatoes, greek salad
  • baked pork chops, butternut squash ravioli, roasted asparagus
  • chicken fingers, homemade applesauce (Halloween night, we were in a time crunch!)
  • baked salmon, sticky rice, steamed spinach
  • lasagna, caesar salad
  • grilled chicken, spinach ravioli with pesto, chopped green salad
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy but not interesting enough for an entire post ~

  • went on a couple dog walks around the neighborhood this week and collected pine cones. At first I was filling my pockets (Dave refused to carry any hahaha, he does not appreciate my foraging while we are dog walking!) but then realized I had handy bags with me (ok, ok - yes they are meant to pick up dog poop but whatever, I used clean ones!). I have lots of pinecone crafts coming up :)
  • after almost 6 years of refusing to play fetch (Sarge's favorite game is picking up the ball and running, and then we chase him) I have found the secret to training him to bring the ball back - I put a small treat in one hand and hold my other hand out palm up. He wants the treat so bad that he's willing to bring me the ball - not always exactly into my palm but close enough for me to reach! So cute! I've tried bribing him in the past of course, but he's finally food motivated enough to work for cookies. 
Hope you'll check out the blog this week and see a few things I made from all the green tomatoes I pulled off the plants before cleaning out the garden and putting everything away...there's green tomato soup, green tomato muffins, green tomato jam, and of course fried green tomatoes! Have a great Sunday!

Sincerely ~


Jill, your camp counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment