Sunday, October 28, 2018

Around the Campfire (week 43)

Dear Campers ~

This weeks recap includes a few pics from the quick trip we took to Maine with Al and Cathy - it was chilly and a little rainy, but so pretty! I love the architecture (especially the gray shingled cottages), the fresh seafood, and the little towns set along the coast - hopefully I'll get to go back and explore some more (my favorite area so far is Bar Harbor, have you been?)!

Posts you might have missed ~

10/21: around the campfire (week 42)
10/22: Sarge's Beanie Baby costume
10/23: stick pumpkin and pinecone bat
10/24: Lisa's tater tot casserole
10/25: Bat treat bag topper
10/26: Peggy's footprint ghosts
10/27: pumpkin treat bags

Not much to ramble about this week because we weren't home much - pretty much ate out every night between Macey's birthday dinner, my birthday dinner (actually I had 2 birthday dinners - yay!), and the 4 days we spent in and around Portland, Maine looking at the beautiful scenery and eating our weight in lobster (and mussels, and crab, and the best scallops I've ever had, and chowder...); it was a great trip and fun week, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be days before I'm hungry again!




The Bush family compound in Kennebunkport 
my first Maine lobster roll - just chunks of lobster on a toasted roll

look at the difference turning this photo black and white makes - I love the "mood" of the black and white one. 

See you next week - I have a couple last minute Halloween food ideas before fall crafting starts! Have a good day :)

Sincerely - 

Jill, your camp counselor


10.28.17: devil's food cupcakes with orange swirled buttercream frosting










10.28.16: pumpkin spice soap










10.28.15: tissue paper flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment