Monday, October 15, 2018

Sequin Pumpkin

Here's a very easy way to decorate a pumpkin (and an artificial Dollar store one to boot, that means I'll be able to keep it for next year!) - paint it a color using basic craft paint and a sponge brush (I did black because I still had some leftover from painting the pumpkin pail and the flamingo, I like to put paint on a paper plate and then can store it and the wet brush in a big gallon bag until I'm done with it); after the paint dries spread on white glue using a small clean paintbrush - I did about a quarter of the pumpkin at a time - and dump sequins on the wet glue. Literally, I just took a handful and threw them into the glue! Using the end of the paintbrush I spread the sequins around if they were overlapping too much, but I didn't really "place" them - just pretty much let 'em go where they go. Then give it a good sprinkle with glitter to fill in the gaps. Let it dry. I love how this turned out - it's really pretty in person!





No comments:

Post a Comment