Sunday, October 14, 2018

Around The Campfire (week 41)

Dear Campers ~

After the giant mess I had in the craft room last week I spent an entire day pulling everything out of the closet, sorting, purging, labeling and organizing. Which means to say I had a very fun day :) Here's a recap of what happened at camp last week!

Posts you might have missed ~

10/7: around the campfire (week 40)
10/8: plastic spider earrings
10/9: paint a pumpkin pail 
10/10: mummy pumpkin
10/11: butterscotch sugar cookies
10/12: black flamingo
10/13: butterfly treat bags

What's cooking ~
  • grilled chicken, black bean/corn/tomato/avocado chopped salad
  • grilled chicken sausage, spinach alfredo ravioli (it was our anniversary and we splurged!)
  • buffalo burger salad
  • pork chops, gnocchi with roasted cherry tomatoes, grilled asparagus
  • grilled mahi mahi, corn tortillas, coleslaw (D bastes with lemon butter and then we combine pieces of fish with coleslaw and make tacos, also really good with halibut or swordfish)
  • meatloaf, rice mixed with veggies, coleslaw
  • Al's home-smoked brisket, creamed corn, roasted potatoes
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy but not interesting enough for an entire post ~
  • the downside of borrowing library books online is that when all your holds come in they seem to come in at once - so I have 6 books I've borrowed and the pressure of reading them quickly is getting to me (the stress I create for myself, geesh)!  I did manage to read "Heartburn" by Nora Ephron. Good - a little depressing, but good.
  • went to the local cider mill with Al and Cathy and together bought 1/2 bushel of Northern Spy apples which somehow turned into us having an "apple bake-off" to see who can come up with the better apple dessert. Even when I'm not with family I apparently have to turn everything into a competition LOL. I'm making an apple crumble cheesecake pie - recipe to follow soon and hopefully I'll come away with the trophy (no, there's no prize. The trophy will be in my mind).
  • first frost warning last night means the end to whatever tomatoes are still holding on in the garden. I pruned everything waaaaay back a few days ago but we had a couple days this week that were in the 80's so I decided to let the remaining tomatoes have a few days to ripen. Now I'll be pulling everything out.
  • made a morse code bracelet for my friend Teri. I still love those bracelets.
That's it - see you guys next week on the blog! So far I know there'll be a couple easy ways to decorate artificial pumpkins and a recipe for a creepy Halloween party appetizer, along with lots more of course!

Sincerely, 



Jill, your camp counselor

No comments:

Post a Comment