Sunday, October 16, 2016

Burger Salad

I make this very easy salad all the time, Dave and I both love it - he doesn't usually want a salad for dinner but for some reason putting a grilled burger on top of it makes it acceptable haha!


This isn't really a recipe - just toss a bunch of things together...this is what I do, change it to suit your own taste. Put down a big base layer of chopped lettuce, top with rinsed and drained black beans, corn, chopped tomatoes, sliced avocado, and shredded cheddar cheese. Dave likes when I put tortilla chips on top of all that but I don't always have them. Drizzle with dressing and top with a grilled burger patty - I season the meat with montreal steak seasoning and a few dashes of worcestershire sauce before forming into patties for him to grill. Serve with additional dressing on the side.

For the dressing: mix together a big scoop of mayo and sour cream, thin it out with milk to get salad dressing consistency; then add a little ranch dressing and some kind of mexican seasoning blend (it changes depending on what I can find at the store) - if you don't have that or don't want to get it then add a big spoonful of salsa, I do that instead of the seasoning sometimes. Either way it's good! Drizzle over the salad before adding the burger patty.

Dave also really likes this using buffalo burger, which has quite a bit less fat in it - and you usually can't even tell the difference. Might as well go for less fat and calories!

No comments:

Post a Comment