Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Pumpkin Vase




Remember my little peeping pumpkin from last month? Since I didn't carve it, this little pumpkin has held up well - so I turned it into a vase by cutting a big hole in the top and remove the guts and seeds (clean the seeds and put on parchment paper to dry them out before roasting them). Then I played around with what I wanted to put in the pumpkin - a small plant, succulents, a candle and faux leaves...it all looks good! My favorite is the candle surrounded by fake leaves; if you want it to hold a candle just make sure the size of the hole you cut in the top will tightly hold the candle. And note: I'm pretty sure fake plants are going to catch on fire and/or melt if they get too close to a flame, so use caution and be careful when and if you light the candle!! Better idea - use a flameless candle ;)





one year ago: yarn wrapped wheat
two years ago: Jen's spinach salad
three years ago: leaf lanterns


No comments:

Post a Comment