Sunday, November 20, 2016

Sissy's Spinach Salad

As I think you can tell from some of my posts, my sister doesn't like to cook much and will say she isn't very good at it...I'm leaving that alone haha but she does have a couple things that she makes really really well - this spinach salad is one if them. It's great and we all love it.

2-4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
1-2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/2 bag shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1 bag spinach


Dressing:
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
3-4 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2-3 whole cloves garlic (remove after making the dressing)

Put all in a shaker jar with tight fitting lid (she uses a mason jar) and shake until well blended.

You won't need all the dressing for one bag of spinach, add as much as you want to taste and then refrigerate the rest.


She made it for my birthday (I forgot to take a pic!) and there was some leftover that she was going to throw out since it had dressing on it - I took it home to experiment how it would taste the next day. I packed it for my lunch and added some fresh spinach to it to soak up some of the dressing and put a sliced hard boiled egg on top - I'm pleased to report it was just as good the next day and made an excellent packed lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment