Saturday, November 26, 2016

Mulled Cider

Trying to think of a hostess gift to take to Janis for having us over on Thanksgiving and I came across this mulled cider recipe - pretty, simple, quick...and I read somewhere you can add whiskey to mulled cider to give it a kick so I'm in. What's not to like?

I used Bobby Flay's recipe on foodnetwork.com and based on reviews upped the amount of spices and put in less orange slices:

2 quarts apple cider
2 cinnamon sticks
2 whole allspice berries
2 whole cloves
1 orange, thinly sliced

put all ingredients in a large pot on the stove, simmer then serve hot in individual mugs. makes 8 servings.

note: I simmered this for about 30 minutes then put it in a big jar in the fridge overnight with the oranges and spices still in. Strained and put into a mason jar to give as a gift. Haven't tried it with whiskey yet but...;)


No comments:

Post a Comment