Sunday, November 27, 2016

Crock-Pot Green Bean Casserole

Did you know you can make green bean casserole in a crock pot? I'm telling you, bring your dish-to-pass in a crock pot and the hostess will love you and go on and on about what a genius you are (thanks Janis haha). One less thing to have to go in the oven is a winner (I do this all the time, it's a tried and true method, works like a charm) - AND if you remember to use a liner then even the clean up is easy (yep, I forgot to use one, ugh - but then I did my dish detergent trick - click here for that post - and clean up was a breeze, even though it was the next day!). I forgot to take a picture of course, but this looks like traditional green bean casserole - use an imaginary picture please :)

3 (14 oz) bags frozen green beans, thawed
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2/3 cup milk
1 large jar or can of mushrooms
dash of soy sauce        (really, I don't measure - just put a little in there)
dash of garlic powder (ditto above)
salt and pepper            (")
1 large container fried onions, divided

Lightly spray the pot with non stick spray. Mix everything together (only put half of the onions in for now) in the pot, cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours (I stir it a couple times). About half hour before you are ready to serve them, add the rest of the onions on top and leave the cover cracked open a bit - that helps the top get crunchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment