Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Kitchen Tip...make cleaning baking dishes a little easier!

I attempted to make Turkey Karen's famous peach cobbler again (will post that later) and the results were again less than stellar - I do not know what I'm doing wrong - but what I did get is this post about how to remove baked on food a little easier so it wasn't a complete failure. Always lookin' on the bright side hahaha...

Dave's aunt shared this tip with me years ago and I do it ALL the time - maybe you already know it but I didn't so I'll share. Rinse out as much food as possible (without scrubbing too much, it's not necessary!), add a big squirt of liquid dishwasher detergent (not dish soap, use the kind that goes in the dishwasher) and fill up the dish with cold water covering as much of the baked on part as possible. Let it sit overnight (I don't know how long it actually takes, I just always do overnight it seems) and the next morning the burned/baked on bits will just wipe right off - seriously, how great is that? Sometimes it requires a little elbow grease to get it completely clean but usually I can just wipe it right off. Try it peeps, it's a good thing :)


add liquid dishwasher detergent and cold water

ta da! 

2 comments:

  1. Al does the same thing to clean out the dark stain in the coffee pot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 👍 good to know - I’ll try that!

      Delete