Monday, November 28, 2016

Felt Feather Hair Clips

Had the idea to make my friend some feather barrettes for her upcoming birthday; after researching to get some ideas I stumbled on the idea to make feathers out of felt and glue them to hair clips - these were very simple and quick to make and I love how they turned out so much I made a pair for myself! That's always the sign of a good present right? If you want to keep it :)

downloaded a free feather template, pinned on felt and cut out. or you could just freehand a feather!
for the smaller feather on top I just cut out the shape in second color and then trimmed it down. 

lay the smaller one(in this case it's the brown one)  on top of the  larger (orange) feather, then
sew a simple running stitch down the center to hold them together and for a little extra decoration. 

hot glue a hair clip to the back of the finished feathers. 

geez, maybe I should have combed my hair before taking this picture....

for gift giving I cut out a 4" x 8" (approx) strip of cardstock, fold in half,
cut two little slits in the front and inserted the clip into the slit. then write a
message on the inside of the card if you want. 

yes they're a little home-made looking but I like that!



No comments:

Post a Comment