Saturday, November 3, 2018

Candied Bacon

Cathy's neighbor, Jane, brought this bacon candy ("crack bacon" might be a better name tho!) to a party and I'm not ashamed to say I'm in love. Not with Jane, although she seems like a perfectly lovely lady, but with this bacon baked in sugar and spices, then drizzled with maple syrup. Swoon. I can't even. No words. Just make this and thank me. Or make it for me...whatever. I'll pass your thanks on to Jane, promise.



Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup rosemary
  • 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
  • 16 thick bacon slices
  • 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400'.
  2. Combine rosemary, brown sugar, and black pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge bacon slices in the mix, shaking off excess. Place half of bacon in a single layer on a lightly greased wire rack in a jelly-roll pan. Repeat procedure with remaining bacon on a separate pan.
  3. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until browned and crisp. Towards last 10 minutes of browning, drizzle maple syrup over bacon and finish in the oven.

I don't know who Ryan Scott is, but he's a genius. 

11.3.2017: make a button bouquet












11.3.2016: fall paper chain garland











11.3.2015: fall wreath


No comments:

Post a Comment