Friday, November 3, 2017

Button Bouquet

Forgot to show you this cute easy little button bouquet I made for Ronda's display table - I saw something similar online using a salt shaker as the vase, but I like this parmesan cheese shaker that is shorter and wider, I feel like it won't be as top heavy this way. This is one of those projects that you can totally just wing; raid your button stash (what? you don't have a button stash? LOL...ok, ok, then go get some cheapie buttons at the craft store - I found packs of some of these for a quarter on sale!), stack them together however you like and run a thin piece of wire thru the holes to hold them together. Leave enough "stem" for them to stand in a vase. That's it! Seriously, I bet even the most craft-challenged of us (Hi Sissy! just kidding, just kidding...) can handle this one ;). And it turned out really cute. For Ronda's table I added some punched out paper daisies to some of the flowers but you don't have to do that, I like how it fills the space but just make more button flowers to add to the bouquet if you only do buttons...some stems I did with super thin wire and bent it to make a squiggly stem, others I did with floral wire that was a little stiffer. Just play with it. To finish I put some popcorn kernels in the shaker and stood the "flowers" in the little holes on the lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment