Saturday, November 25, 2017

Oatmeal Scotchies

So Sarge was not very...um...let's just say not very neighborly to our neighbor and because of it I made the neighbor some cookies (sugar helps everything!). We haven't been at the condo long enough for me to stock up on my usual baking supplies so I made do with what I had - oatmeal and butterscotch chips. Not really knowing what to do with my limited ingredients I just followed the recipe on the butterscotch chip package and guess what? They turned out really good! Whew - thank goodness...since I really really wanted to get them to our neighbor asap I'm glad they were yummy and I didn't have to go get more ingredients to make something better hahaha. I made them using my 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop and a few of them with my really big cookie scoop - the little ones are really good but the giant ones are even better (just had to bake them for a couple more minutes). These are so good the neighbor came over and said his son asked if Sarge could repeat his bad behavior so they could get more cookies :)

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups oats
1 2/3 cups (11 oz. pkg) butterscotch flavored chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375'.

Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. In a large mixing bowl beat butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla together. Gradually add the flour mixture, then stir in oats and chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungrossed baking sheets. Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, let them cool on the baking sheets for 2 minutes then move them to cooling racks.

Makes approx 4 dozen small cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment