Thursday, November 30, 2017

Golf Glove Counter

I shared a while ago the golf counter bracelets I made (click here for that post) and mentioned I'd share a different type of counter but then forgot to show you! Ay yi yi I have such a bad memory! So here it is - a stretchy bead counter that goes around the velcro flap on a golf glove.  

Note: I gave these to Ronda and Jenny along with the bracelet ones and they both had a problem with the flap pulling up because of the tension of the stretchy cord. I made them based on my golf glove tho and it works perfectly for me - so there must be different sized flaps on everyones gloves, whodaknew? - if you are making this for a gift you might want to either (a) size it to the recipients glove or (b) buy the person a brand new glove and fit it to that - 2 presents in one!


This is easy - I just cut a length of stretchy clear cord, tie a small tight knot and then add 9 or 10 medium size seed beads (think about how small the flap is on a glove, the beads need to be pretty small). Measure the top of the flap to see how much space you have and then tie a tight knot on the other side of the beads leaving space to be able to move the beads up and down to keep track of the golf strokes. Wrap it around the flap and tie the two ends together (stretchy cord is a little hard to knot, I knot it a couple times pulling pretty tight) then transfer it to a piece of cardboard add a dab of clear glue to the knot (I didn't want the glue to stick to the flap). While waiting for the glue to dry I just clipped it to a piece of cardboard pulling the ends apart to keep the knot tight; once dry snip the ends and put around the velcro flap. Cute easy stocking stuffers if you have any golfers on your list!



you can see there is a knot on the left, then 10 beads (I did 4 of one color then 1 of an alternate color and repeat for a total of 10), a space to move them and another knot. From knot to knot is how long my velcro flap is across the front.

while the glue is drying I stretched the ends to keep the knot tight. 


what it looks like on the underside of the flap


I made different colors for different people - I didn't know what color their
gloves are so I did the color of golf balls I know they use...Jen got pink, Ronda got orange. 



I gave these without being there in person to explain what the heck the small stretchy band with beads is and where it goes - so printed off a picture of a golf glove, cut the flap open with small scissors, then put the band around the paper flap for example and explanation! 




5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha…Heard you are on your way..Can’t wait to see You..Julia Roberts…

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I don't know exactly what size they are, I don't have an unopened package that shows the size. They're like seed beads but not the smallest ones. It also depends how big the flap is on your golf glove where you'll be putting the counter, you need to have the beads be small enough to put 9 or 10 on the flap with room to slide to keep count. Hope that helps!

      Delete