Sunday, November 19, 2017

Al's Texas Style Smoked Brisket

Al and Cathy go to Texas often and are always talking about the amazing brisket there; we have been with them multiple times when they've ordered brisket outside of Texas and so far nothing has been  as good as far as they're concerned. So when Al recently bought a smoker he made us an "authentic" Texas brisket" dinner - I've never had "authentic Texas brisket" so I don't have anything to compare it to but this was down right delicious. My favorite part of the meal tho was the presentation - Cathy wanted us to have the real experience so she served it like her favorite Texan place by putting down large pieces of paper on the table to put the meat on (she put big cookie sheets underneath to protect her tablecloth - but no plates!); and served the homemade potato salad and creamed corn in individual plastic bowls. For dessert she made banana pudding and served it in small styrofoam cups. Love! I won't be able to recreate this meal because (a) I don't have a smoker and (b) if I did have a smoker there is no way I'd be tending to this meat every 30 minutes since 4:30a.m. like Al did!! 4:30 IN THE MORNING!!! That's crazy. But so flavorful and juicy I very much appreciate that he did it for us :) What I can recreate is the fun presentation - I'll be doing it with bbq ribs though that I just pop in the oven or Dave grills. And we will most definitely have homemade potato salad, creamed corn, and 'Nana pudding in styrofoam cups.






No comments:

Post a Comment