Monday, November 20, 2017

Yarn Wrapped Wheat

Ok, this is beyond simple and looks so good - you can whip out a few of these in just a couple of minutes! I can think of lots of ways to display these wheat bundles - lay them on the table, stand in a vase, group together with some sticks...just in time for decorating for Thanksgiving!

All you need is wheat stalks (wait, are they called stalks? are they sheaths? hmmmm, I don't know - whatever, you know what I mean), craft glue, and bits of yarn. Take a few stalks (I did most of them in bundles of 3 or 5), starting at the top underneath the wheat spray part, wrap with yarn however far down you want (I varied from a couple inches to 5 or 6"), tie the yarn in a small knot, cut the tail as close to the knot as you can, and apply a dab of glue to hold the end down.

Really, it took me longer to type this than it did to make them!
I bought a wheat bundle at the craft store for under 5 bucks.
Yarn is random leftovers in fallish colors I had on hand

wrap a few stalks together 


in a vase with my beloved random sticks :)

I like how they look laying on my dining room table with the adorable knitted pumpkins
(or are they apples? I say it depends on the season!) my friend Mary made me!

No comments:

Post a Comment