Saturday, November 4, 2017

Make and Take Wood Signs

Have you been to one of these make and take paint a sign parties yet? They've been around for awhile but I just went to my first one last weekend that Ronda and Erica threw - and I had SO much fun! This wasn't as stressful as when Candy and I did the "Painting with a Twist" Pet portrait (click here for that post), you paint a board and then stick on some vinyl words. I made 2 of them in an hour, Jenny made a big round one that was more complicated (she had to layer the different pieces on a round board, that was more time consuming), and Brooke made a couple for herself and one for me. I'm including pictures of lots of examples that were made at the party, people got really creative and it was such a good time.


You can just paint your board a solid color or do some different techniques to add different looks to the boards. For the "Thankful and Blessed" one I picked a board that had lots of grain in it, painted it with dark brown craft paint and then immediately wiped the board - almost like I was staining it - with a wet wipe. Let it dry and then apply the sticker working from the middle out to the ends.


For the Christmas one I did a similar technique with teal blue paint, wiping as I went. Then I took a lighter tan color and with a very dry brush went over the edges and then made little swipes over the face of the board attempting to give it a distressed look. Let it dry and then applied the sticker. I love how they turned out!









I'm thinking you don't have to actually go to a party to recreate this idea (although I will say it was fun to be doing it with other people, and Jamie (the woman running the party) brought all the supplies along with giving help and instruction which was great) - you basically just need a piece of smooth board, craft paint, and vinyl stickers from the craft store! If I find a great saying I'm going to try this on my own and see what happens :)




No comments:

Post a Comment