Sunday, November 5, 2017

Pot Roast with Tomato Sauce

We had friends over for dinner and I found this pot roast recipe from Ina Garten that sounded good - so once again I experimented on my unsuspecting friends and made it along with baked parmesan risotto, and roasted veggies. The actual meat was just so-so, but the sauce is so-SO good that I'm sharing the entire recipe just so you can try this sauce. Maybe I just got a not-great roast because there's no reason for the meat to not have been good! Unfortunately (or maybe it was fortunate) I left the meat in a pan on the stove to keep it warm if anyone wanted seconds and forgot about it. Man, I'm still soaking that burned pan! So I had to throw (and scrape) out the meat but since this makes so much sauce I had plenty of extra to serve over gnocchi the next night - and it was even more delicious than the first night!


Company Pot Roast (Ina Garten, Food Network)


Note: instead of transferring half the sauce to a blender or food processor I just stuck my immersion blender in the pot and whisked things up until it was a nice consistency - chunky with the liquid part smooth and thick. I did not need to add flour and butter to thicken the sauce up, it did it on it's own.


Leeks can be really dirty on the inside - to easily clean them I cut off the top and bottom and slice about half way thru (the long way). Then hold it under running water and rinse, sort of fan the inside of the leak apart to get between all the layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment