Thursday, November 16, 2017

Doggie Pupcakes

I posted this on Sarge's 3rd birthday - he's going to be five in a few days and I'll be making him a "pupcake" to celebrate for sure. He's 5 but still acts like a puppy - I keep waiting for him to outgrow the puppy stage but apparently this is who he is hahahah!

From 11/21/15:


Happy Birthday to Sarge - he is 3 today.


To celebrate I made him "pupcakes" - I thought he would gulp this down faster than I could take his picture, but he was quite confused actually...we don't give him people food so when I set this down he just stared at it, the only thing he really wanted was the "candle" (he recognized the crunchy stick) and when he accidentally licked the yogurt he sat down and had to think about what to do haha!!

The "cake" base is my regular meatloaf recipe that I divided; before adding the chili sauce, salt and pepper I held out enough meat, bread crumb, egg mixture to make 4 pupcakes and with the remaining mixture I added all the other ingredients (I shaped a few into cupcake portions and the rest I put in a 9" round cake pan like I usually do), topped the people version with glaze made from chili sauce and ketchup (leave that off of the pupcakes tho). I put a baking sheet under the cupcakes to catch any grease and baked them at 350' for about 25 minutes. The 9" pan bakes for 50 minutes or until done.

doggie cakes without glaze
the finished cupcake has plain greek yogurt "frosting", bacon
 bit sprinkles, and a crunchy stick for the "candle"

No comments:

Post a Comment