Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Decorating Apples

I don't have any good pictures but thought I'd tell you about one of the most fun kid crafts we have done over the years - we've done this at "kid's craft days", kid parties, as a distraction on the holidays, or just cuz it's fun. I can only think of one time when this went awry - one of the nieces decided the decorated apple was her "baby" and proceeded to sleep with and carry it around until it got all yucky and mushy hahahah!


Very, very easy and entertaining - I just find a bunch of random things in my craft stash that I think will be fun to play with - bits of yarn, gems, sequins, craft paint...you name it. Then you just paint and decorate apples to your hearts content. Think yarn hair, google eyes or beads for eyes, painted faces, whatever. That's it! Trust me, this is fun and the kids love it :)

If the kids are old enough I let them use straight pins to hold the beads and buttons in place in the apples, otherwise just use craft glue.

For years I kept this container full of random things all jumbled together to use for kid crafts - I was recently cleaning up the craft room and came across the container (and apparently had too much time on my hands) and decided to separate all the bits in the container. Yeah, that took forever but now you get an idea of what all we use for decorating apples!






No comments:

Post a Comment