Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Pinecone Angels

These little pinecone angels are all over Pinterest so not sure who to credit with the original idea...they are so so super cute!! I will be making lots of these, I love them!

Like all my other pinecone crafts lately (did you see the turkeys, owls, birds, and the wreath?), these are very easy and quick to make - and this time there's no felt involved. You'll need a small wood ball (the size will depend on how big the pinecone is, find them in a bag at the craft store), a sharpie, blush and a brush, a piece of twine, ribbon, and a short piece of metallic pipe cleaner.

I saw someone make the rosy cheeks using blush, I thought a light pink marker would work (plus I didn't want to walk all the way downstairs to find some blush!) but it didn't, even the lightest shade was too obvious. So...use blush and apply with a small brush to create a very light pink tint for the cheeks. Then draw on the face with a fine-tipped sharpie.


Attach the head to the top of a pinecone, you might need to cut out a little of the pinecone to give the ball a solid place to rest. My pinecone didn't want to stand up straight, so I attached a small circle of felt to make it more stable - it'll depend on your pinecone if you need to create a base of sorts.


Tie a piece of twine between the head and the pinecone. Attach a bow of ribbon at the back for wings.   Bend the pipe cleaner into a small circle for the halo and hot glue in place.






No comments:

Post a Comment