Sunday, November 18, 2018

Around the Campfire (week 46)

Dear Campers ~

We are making our cross country road trip this week, but I made a bunch of things ahead of time so I could still post while sitting in the camper at night. Obviously I went on a pinecone craft roll, this week was 3 different birds and a pinecone wreath. And I still have a couple more to show you later! Hope you enjoyed my silly birds :)


Here's a quick little craft that would be super cute as part of your Thanksgiving decorations - acorn gift holders. Hot glue twine around the top of a plastic egg leaving a little tab sticking out on top to make the stem of the acorn. Add treats or small gifts inside the egg then attach the twine top. Looks like an acorn - how easy is that?


Posts you might have missed ~

11/11: around the campfire (week 45)
11/12: herb bubble bread
11/13: pinecone turkeys
11/14: pinecone owls
11/15: pinecone birds
11/16: pinecone wreath
11/17: homemade applesauce

It's been a very cold trip, freezing every night, so Dave didn't want to do his usual grilling at the campground - so I planned ahead and made a few dinners ahead of time (I had a very busy week before getting in the motorhome with all the crafting and cooking!) that could be finished inside instead of on the grill.

What's Cooking ~
  • Al and Cathy made us smoked pulled pork with fixings and a delicious cake that I'll share soon
  • my sister made us "Quebec Chicken" before we left - we love this SO much!
  • pre-grilled chicken breast, long grain rice, mixed veggies, steamed spinach
  • tuna noodle casserole, salad
  • chicken enchilada suizas, chopped salad with tomatoes and avocado
  • meatloaf, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies
  • chicken parmigiana, salad

It's almost Thanksgiving - everyone ready? Got your menu planned and know what you're making? I'm not sure where we'll be; if I end up cooking for just Dave and I maybe I can find a turkey breast and make this recipe for roasted turkey breast and stuffing again, and just make gravy using butter instead of turkey fat. Oh great, now I'm hungry ;)

Sincerely ~



Jill, your camp counselor



No comments:

Post a Comment