Tuesday, November 3, 2015

November Wreath



I have a compulsion of sorts to put away decorations as soon as possible after the holiday or event has passed (thanks mom) so Sunday morning down went the Halloween wreaths and up go Thanksgiving.



I wrapped 12" foam wreaths with burlap ribbon hot gluing in place; wrapped orange and white ribbon over the burlap letting most of the burlap show thru; took apart a couple fall floral/leaf bunches from Hobby Lobby and hot glued them around 3 quarters of the wreaths; added some sunflowers (again buying a floral stem of them and taking it apart) placing them over the leaves where they look best; then hot glued 2 balsa wood cutouts in the empty space on the wreath (they come undecorated in a package for you to decorate yourself - Brooke and I colored them with markers).  I tied a longer piece of the orange and white ribbon around the top of the wreath arranging it among the leaves tying the ends at the top in a knot to hang on our door. By the way, we have storm doors in front of our front doors so the wreaths are protected from the elements - I don't think I would leave this directly outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment