Saturday, November 28, 2015

Purse Charm


I have a long pompom bag charm that has been on my backpack for years - I've recently been seeing shorter purse charms in the stores and wanted to try making one for my new purse...cuz why leave anything alone if you can decorate it?








I made two small pompoms from yarn - wrap 3 colors of yarn around a 2 inch card 50 times each. Tie off one end, remove from card and cut the other end to create a wild crazy pompom. Then start trimming the pompom until you get the size you want, the shorter you trim it the fuller the pompom will be. I tied the pompoms to a long cord.




On a key ring I added the pompom on cord, additional leather cords, and a ribbon. Look around for charms, buttons, beads - whatever you can find - and add those to the cords and ribbon. I wrapped a short piece of cord around the entire bundle at the base of the ring to keep everything in place and hooked it to my purse.


No comments:

Post a Comment