Saturday, November 14, 2015

Wine and Design Class


My friend Candy and I took a "Thanksgiving Decor Wine and Design" class and had so much fun. This centerpiece can easily be done at home with supplies you can find in the yard and a couple things from the craft store.

We started with a block of oasis (green almost styrofoam like stuff that retains water when soaked, it is used with fresh floral arrangements to help keep moisture in) that had been soaked in water and placed into a dish, use whatever shallow container you want. Break apart some greenery (I don't remember the name of the greenery they used, see the picture for an idea of what to use) and stick in evenly to start covering the oasis. Next we put long pieces of curly willow branches around the bottom - this is where things started to go wrong for me haha but everyone else seemed to figure it out - that you then bring up and tie so the centerpiece has a round shape and looks similar to a lantern. We then added leaves, mums, sorghum stalks - doing this on my own I would find whatever was in the yard to use - to fill in the empty spaces however you like.

Water every couple of days to keep it fresh, and if you change out any flowers that wilt you should be able to keep this looking good until Thanksgiving.











Here's our finished projects - Candy's looks great, I'm laughing 'cuz mine is lopsided and a mess.  Oh well :). There was wine and designing and I'm happy enough with that!





1 comment:

  1. I am going to share this page with a friend! You both did great!

    ReplyDelete