Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Brussels Sprouts Chips

I hate brussels sprouts. Really, really hate them. But....we were recently at a restaurant with friends who ordered brussels sprouts chips and "forced" me to try one - SO good! They are crunchy and salty, and I'm happy to say do not taste like regular brussels sprouts - I immediately thought to myself here was something that I'd like to try to make at home. I'm never going to like them traditionally prepared  -  no matter how much butter and bacon someone puts on them I still hate them. But in chip form? Oh yeah, I can eat these :)


You need to separate the brussels sprouts leaves - I cut 12 whole ones in half then trimmed off a little of the bottom and the leaves come right off, keep cutting little bits of the ends until all of the leaves are separate. Put in a bowl and toss with about 1 T.  olive oil and a pinch of coarse salt, then spread on a rimmed baking sheet trying to keep them in a single layer. Bake at 350' for 10-15 minutes until brown and crunchy.

Yes the house smells like brussels sprouts but eating the chips is totally making up for that downside!



No comments:

Post a Comment