Monday, November 16, 2015

Cookie Stand

For Thanksmas I made cookies - half shaped as turkeys, the other half I did Christmas shapes -  I'm going to have everyone frost their own (will they choose Thanksgiving or Christmas?).  I didn't have a stand to put them on so I stuck a plate and a plant container together to create a temporary one using craft putty/earthquake putty/museum putty (whatever you want to call it!), that way I can take them apart afterwards.




There are other ways to join the pieces together depending on how permanent you want it - you can hot glue them together and still get them apart later by placing the stand in the freezer for a half hour to shrink and harden the glue making it easier to peel off, or for a more permanent solution use craft adhesive. I probably wouldn't use my nice or sentimental dishes to make a stand just in case something went wrong with the hot glue or adhesive though! I got this plate at the craft store on sale and used an old plant container that was in the garage - I tied a bow around it so you can't see how stained the pot is :)



1 comment:

  1. What a GREAT idea, Jill! And I love the thought of making a temporary stand. That would make storage so much easier!!

    ReplyDelete