Friday, November 20, 2015

Leaf Lanterns

Saw this on BHG, had my doubts since I've never seen this done before but since I have everything on hand decided to try it. Look how cute it turned out :)

Click here for full details and video, I'll summarize what I did:


cut 4 wax sheets 12" x 8",  arranged dried leaves on one half of each sheet,  folded them in half  (so I had 4 leaf packets of 6" x 8"), placed an old white t-shirt over top and ironed until the wax paper stuck together.











Then I trimmed each one to 7.5" x 5.75" so they were all exactly the same. Taped together all 4 edges using washi tape in a coordinating color forming a 4-sided lantern. Put around a votive.





 You could make this any size you want, if you can find small leaves it would be cute to have a bunch of little lanterns. I would make sure the paper isn't too close to the flame though, I have no idea how flammable this is? Use good judgement and keep an eye on them just in case (or use flameless candles)!

No comments:

Post a Comment