Thursday, November 5, 2015

Corn Husk Wrapped Candles

 Love this for an easy quick fall decorating idea:
  •  moisten corn husks so they are pliable - I put them in a bowl of water for a minute then dried them. They aren't as fragile when damp and you can bend them to shape around the candle. 
  • wrap the husks around any size glass candle you want, overlapping the edges -  I used a 3.5"x3" candle. 
  • tie raffia, twine, cord, hemp (whatever!) around the husks to hold them in place.
  • stick in a little decorative thing - I used a feather but lots of little things would work (small pinecone, nuts, or sticks are a few things I can think of off the top of my head. Look around and see what you can find!)

Make one or a bunch - I found the corn husks in the produce section of the grocery store, there are a lot of them in a package for $2.99 so it's an inexpensive decoration if you have the candles already. I would check the dollar store for candles if you don't have any already. Nothing is attached to the candle so when you are done with this decoration you can easily remove the husks and do something else to the candle - I'm thinking Christmas candle next haha!

This would be cute if you did a few of the small little votive candles, lined up on the dining room table or in a windowsill.  Or one big one. Whatever you like!

I got this idea from an old Midwest Living Magazine, if you want to see the whole article click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment