Sunday, November 15, 2015

Thanksmas

It's beginning to look a lot like...
Thanksmas?


We don't usually get to spend Thanksgiving or Christmas with my sister and family, this year we decided to combine the Holidays so we can be together - it's Thanksmas! I have the dining room set up for Thanksgiving with fall decorations on the table  (note that I did use my ugly centerpiece from class on the table - mixed in with gourds, candles, etc. it looks just fine). I put candy corn and popcorn kernels in glass candleholders to jazz them up a little...




...and the living room is Christmas with a small tree and a few decorations (pillows on the couch, candles on the coffee table, etc). I'll tell you a little secret that I started doing a while ago - I don't take the decorations off this small tree after the holidays...lazy, right? I have a shelf in the basement that I store it on (and another that is the same size but decorated with a doggie theme - milk bone ornaments, etc) covered with a garbage bag, so when it comes time to decorate for Christmas this in one less thing I have to do. Turns out it's perfect for Thanksmas, I didn't have to get out all the Christmas decorations to set up for our early celebration!




Thought it would be fun to have frost-your-own Thanksgiving turkeys or Christmas bells and stars so I made up a few of each and will put out on my new cookie stand (I'll show you how I made it tomorrow), along with vanilla frosting and lots of different sprinkles - it'll be a cute
 little thing to do between eating and opening presents.








Merry/Happy Thanksmas to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment